TORMEK Self-centering Wide Knife Jig KJ-140
We have great news, this time for all you knife sharpening enthusiasts out there! We have just made two new products official. Namely two new, self-centering, patented knife jigs!
IN STOCK NOW BUT LIMITED QUANTITY!
The new knife jigs are called KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig and KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig. As you can tell by their names, they have some things in common with the previous knife jigs, but these new jigs will center the blade of the knife in the clamp of the jig, no matter the thickness or geometry of the blade.
The new jigs come with a couple more intriguing features too!
- They have two fixed stops which provides for sharpening a wider range of blade heights.
- Sharpening with a controlled motion between these two stops allows for a convex bevel.
- The handle is made from durable composite which glides smoothly on the universal support and reduces the weight.
- The majority of the weight is now focused to the clamp, which provides a better sharpening experience.
But most importantly, these new jigs will give you an even better result with symmetrical bevels.
This well-balanced, patented jig provides extra stability when sharpening knives with long, flexible blades such as fillet knives. With the KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig, you achieve a symmetrical grind with the same angle on both sides of the blade. Regardless of the thickness and geometry of the blade, it will self-center in the jig, giving you the same result on both bevels. The longer clamp stabilizes flexible knife blades to prevent them from bending, so that you get the same angle and pressure over the entire bevel.
Why KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig?
- Centers long, flexible knife blades in the jig for optimal, symmetrical results.
- The 5 1/2" wide clamp stabilizes flexible blades.
- Centers tapered knives and holds them firmly.
- An extra stop for tall knives, such as cleavers.
- Ability to shape a slightly convex edge with a movement between the two stops.
- Robust design – zinc-cast clamps and fiberglass-reinforced composite stops.
- Well-balanced – most of the weight is focused on the clamps, which provides a more balanced feel when grinding.
- Slides smoothly with low friction against the universal support.
- Works with both Tormek T-4 and Tormek T-8, as well as older models.
Centered for symmetrical grinding
When you mount your knife in the KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig, the knife self-centers in the jig, whatever its thickness or geometry. This means that the jig centers everything from the thinnest knives to knives with a blade thickness of up to 7/16". It also means that knife blades that taper off from back to edge and heel to tip are centered in the jig, providing symmetrical grinding on both bevels of the knife. Easy setup, perfect results.
Wider clamp – more stability
The KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig works in the same way as the KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig but has a wider clamp. The wider 5 1/2" clamp stabilizes thin knife blades and provides more support for an even bevel along the entire knife blade. Of course it can also be used with larger knives with more stable blades, such as chef's knives.
Please note that the KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig cannot be used with the SVM-00 Small Knife Holder. The KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig is used instead.
Because the KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig is positioned with the stop resting freely against the universal support, you are able to follow the shapes of the knife, always guided by the universal support as a reference point. This makes it possible to sharpen knives with different blade shapes, from fillet knives to butcher's knives and classic chef's knives.